In my opinion this was most likely an act of sabotage undertaken by the US AND their partners in Poland. I’m going to write more about this but for now..
A former Polish Defense Minister, Radek Sikorski, has attributed to the United States the sabotage of two pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2, which carry natural gas from Russia to Germany. “Thank you, USA,” Sikorski wrote on Twitter. Sikorski was Minister of National Defense from 2005 – 2007 and served as Deputy Minister of National Defense and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, previously. He is currently an elected member of the European parliament.
But President Joe Biden promised on February 7 to prevent Nord Stream 2 from becoming operational if Russia invaded Ukraine.
JUST THE FACTS
- Sikorski is no Putin apologist (he definitely isn’t)
- Sikorski is also married to Anne Applebaum, a journalist known for her hawkish views toward Russia.(She’s a neo con, in my opinion)
- Der Spiegel has reported that the CIA warned (threatened?) Germany weeks ago of a coming attack on natural gas pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2.
- Russia could have pulled off such the attack on the pipelines, but “It is difficult to see whether Russia or Ukraine could have an interest in such an incident.” (Russia doesn’t)
- Indeed, Russia could have restricted natural gas flows like it did earlier this month when it blamed an oil leak as the excuse, without blowing up the pipelines. (As has already been stated here)
- Russia has made no secret of its desire to continue supply Europe with natural gas. On September 16, Russian President Vladimir Putin denied Russia caused Europe’s energy crisis and said that if Europe wanted more natural gas it should lift the sanctions in the way of opening Nord Stream 2. “The bottom line is,” said Putin, “if you have an urge, if it’s so hard for you, just lift the sanctions on Nord Stream 2, which is 55 billion cubic metres of gas per year, just push the button and everything will get going.”
- The sabotage of Nord Stream 1 and 2 came the day before Poland and Norway opened a new, 850-kilometer natural gas pipeline, Baltic Pipe, through Denmark. European leaders praised the pipeline as a much-needed alternative to Nord Stream 1 and 2. Norway Energy Minister Terje Aasland called Baltic Pipe “a milestone on the important path towards European independence”.
And Polish EU supremacy- With the US in charge. I’m on board with this idea. It makes the most sense to me. Saying Russia did this is absurdity taken to new heights. Or stupidity taken to new lows?