Categories
Uncategorized

US Armed Forces Accelerating Presence in the Middle East?

According to Newsmax, quoting Jerusalem Post

U.S. armed forces are accelerating their military presence in the Middle East amid the possibility that President Donald Trump will order an attack on Iran, The Jerusalem Post reported on Sunday.

Netanyahu on Sunday convened several ministers within the senior defense echelon to discuss recent developments in the region. Israeli officials believe that a “US strike on Iran is still an option.”

The United States Armed Forces continue to reinforce their military presence in the Middle East amid the possibility that US President Donald Trump may order an attack against Iran.

Aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and its strike teams have reached the Strait of Malacca, located between Malaysia and Indonesia. They are expected to enter the US Central Command’s (CENTCOM) area of responsibility in five to seven days. Accompanying the carrier are two destroyers: the USS Spruance and the USS Michael Murphy.

Twelve more F-15 jets arrived in Jordan over the weekend, with additional fighter aircraft reportedly on their way.

In addition, an aircraft carrier, its strike group, and two destroyers are expected to enter the U.S. Central Command’s area of responsibility in less than a week.

U.S. officials told the Post that “all options are now on the table,” with the goal being to build a significant force in the Middle East that would provide Trump with a broad range of options should he decide to strike Iran.

Trump was reportedly persuaded on Wednesday to cancel an attack on Iran, in part because of the U.S.’ limited operational capacity in the region, as many American assets had been redeployed to the Caribbean and East Asia after Israel’s 12-day war against Iran in June.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also reportedly told Trump that Israel was not prepared to defend itself in the event of an Iranian response to an American strike, given that the U.S. military lacked sufficient forces in the region to assist as it had done in the past.

Seems an attack on Iran is still planned.

Leave a Reply