Categories
Uncategorized

The Flour/Bread Massacre- UNRWA updates

Israel has changed their story a number of times already.

The location of where food aid would be delivered in north Gaza was shared with Israeli forces before the shooting that killed at least 112 Palestinians, says Muhammad Ahmad, a trustee from a charity that delivered food aid to Gaza.

Location of food aid was shared with Israeli forces in advance of delivery-

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1763527102811558030

Germany and France lead international outcry

Now, in the wake of the violence, the EU and several countries including Germany and France have come together to put pressure on Israel to look in to the bloody incident.

The EU’s two top chiefs said Friday they were ‘shocked’ and ‘deeply disturbed’ by the deaths of more than 100 Palestinians after Israeli troops opened fire during an aid delivery, and demanded an investigation.


U.S. Support for Israel Is Becoming All Cost, No Benefit

Beyond indicating that the U.S. and Israel are working at cross purposes, this is a further illustration of Washington’s seeming inability to restrain a key ally. Time and again since Israel began its military operations in Gaza, the Biden administration has pointedly criticized the approach taken by Israel’s government. Most notably, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin remarked that Israel’s heavy-handed tactics in countering Hamas in Gaza risk resulting in “strategic defeat,” given that it is sowing discontent among the Palestinian population, including in the West Bank, as well as among Israel’s Arab neighbors

No evidence to back Israeli claims against UNRWA staff

A MONTH after allegations that a dozen United Nations staff were involved in the October 7 Hamas attack, UN investigators have yet to receive any evidence from Israel to support the claims

In summarising the findings, UN spokesperson Stephanie Dujarric confirmed the investigation had yet to receive corroborating material from Israel.

CBC

“Deep indignation at the images coming from Gaza where civilians have been targeted by Israeli soldiers. I express my strongest condemnation of these shootings and call for truth, justice, and respect for international law,” Macron said in a post on X.

Euronews

The European Commission will continue to fund the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) as probes continue into the alleged involvement of 12 staff members in Hamas’ October 7 attacks on Israel.

The Commission confirmed on Friday morning that it will proceed with the €82 million payment foreseen for UNRWA in 2024, with a first €50-million tranche to be paid next week.

The executive will also pledge an additional €68 million in emergency support to Palestinians across the region, to be paid through international partners such as the Red Cross and the Red Crescent, as concerns mount over the Israeli offensive in the besieged Gaza Strip.

US Blocks Algeria Condemnation of Gaza Aid Massacre

The United States has blocked Algeria’s request to the UN Security Council demanding the body to issue a statement blaming the Israeli army for the massacre carried out in northern Gaza on Thursday, killing over 100 Palestinians.

The US was the only country out of 15 to not back Algeria’s statement on the massacre in Al-Rashid Street.


“The Security Council should say enough is enough,” Riyad Mansour told reporters ahead of a closed-door meeting by the body, which came at the request of Algiers, a staunch supporter of Palestine.

“This outrageous massacre is a testimony to the fact that as long as the Security Council is paralysed and vetoes (are) casted, then it is costing the Palestinian people their lives,” Mansour said.

As one of five permanent members of the 15-member council, the United States – Israel’s biggest ally – has a veto that it has wielded three times so far to bar the body from calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Palestinian territory.

At Thursday’s meeting, Algeria put forth a draft declaration expressing “deep concern”, which stated that the situation was “due to opening fire by Israel forces.”

Of the Council’s 15 members, “14 members supported the text”, Mansour said after the meeting

Yahoo.com

The head of a Gaza City hospital that treated some of the Palestinians wounded in the bloodshed surrounding an aid convoy said Friday that more than 80% had been struck by gunfire, suggesting there was heavy shooting by Israeli troops.

Dr. Husam Abu Safyia, director of Kamal Adwan Hospital, said the majority of the injured taken there had gunshot wounds in the upper part of their bodies, and many of the deaths were from gunshots to the head, neck or chest.

Many of the wounded described a scene of desperation and chaos, with people climbing on the moving trucks to get bags of flour when Israeli troops began shooting, including from a tank.

“I was holding a bag of flour on my way home. They shot me in the right foot and in the left foot. Shells were fired above our heads, gunfire,” said Sameer Salman, who was being treated in Kamal Adwan.

Leave a Reply